TomG's Photos

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by TomG, Feb 7, 2011.

1. TomG

TomG LawnSite Senior Member

First: more compacting of the 1.5in stone

Second: the drainage pipe we put at the bottom of the excavation. This pipe is about 6" above the bottom of the sub-base. It is an over flow pipe. It is pvc and has holes on the top of the pipe and is solid on the bottom so water will flow out of it if it can not be ex-filtrated through the soil. The picture only shows the extension piece that it is not perforated.

Third: Screeding the 3/4in stone

Fourth: screeding the 3/8in beading layer stone

Fifth: laying the pavers. And look at that! String line is being used, wait... make that three!!!!:)

DSCN3267.jpg

DSCN3266.jpg

DSCN3274.jpg

DSCN3275.jpg

DSCN3276.jpg

2. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

What was the moisture content of the soil that day?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. TomG

And here is the finished product. First three pictures are of the driveway, wall and the new level front yard. Last two are of the walkway and granite steps that go through a stone wall. That's all the pictures, hopefully I did a good job explaining it all. Comment away!

DSCN3294.jpg

DSCN3295.jpg

DSCN3298.jpg

DSCN3304.jpg

3303lg.jpg

4. TomG

These are Genest pavers, I believe they are called "Eco Paver". For the drive it was 2.5ft of excavation. 2" of 3/8" beading stone, 6' of 3/4" stone and the rest was 1.5" stone.

For the patio it was 1.5' of excavation. 2" of 3/8" beading stone, 4" of 3/4" stone and the rest was 1.5" stone.

5. TomG

I couldn't tell you exactly, but it was fairly dry. I feel like this is a question to set up another question though. haha

And i got ya on the photography thing, I miss understood what you were saying.:)

6. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Tom how long did this job take start to finish?

7. SVA_Concrete

SVA_Concrete LawnSite Senior Member

when i grow up, i wanna be a silver member :weightlifter: :)

8. SVA_Concrete

SVA_Concrete LawnSite Senior Member

my guys would get a kick out of the screed tool...... how well do they work? it seems like there wouldn't be enough down pressure?

being a mud slinging company (primarily) we pull screeds on "pads" the same as we pour concrete.

9. TomG

Oh boy, your really testing my memory. :) But I think it was about a week. I know I did all the excavation in one day, and then I was at the job off and on, so I think a week and a few days is a fair estimate.

10. TomG

They work awesome, they make the screening of sand and 3/8" stone go sooo much faster. We actually use it to grade and smooth off the 3/4" process gravel base under pavers also.

It can be a little hard to get down force at first but once you get some material in the screed there is enough weight to to get good down force and really level things off.