TomG's Photos

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by TomG, Feb 7, 2011.

1. TomG

TomG LawnSite Senior Member

:confused: Not sure I understand the question, but I spend most of my time in that nice new air conditioned E50 so ill be ok.:)

2. jreiff

jreiff LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

What is holding everything together? Just the weight of the steps?

3. TomG

Yes, that's it.

4. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

The step picture are not building code compliant. Whats the deal with no handrails?

5. scagrider22

scagrider22 LawnSite Bronze Member

You may want to use adhesive next time! Also spend $80-100.00 and get a real dead blow hammer, it will make your life much easier.

6. BReyna

BReyna LawnSite Member

why is it that i never see permits posted on the window or door?

7. TomG

DVS- We don't do the hand rails we don't have all the specialty tools, it is up to the customer to get them done. We recommend someone with the specialty tools to do the job for them, but ultimately its up to them to hire someone and its in our contract.

scagrider22- Why do we need to use adhesive?

8. TomG

Depends on the town and state but at these jobs a permit was not required to do a front stoop because it does not constitute as a structure according to the town.

9. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Naturally, you're not expected to be in the welding and fabricating business.

When I see pics of lead steps that do not meet code, well......I don't think I need to say what goes through my mind. You already know......

[​IMG]

10. scagrider22

scagrider22 LawnSite Bronze Member

Because the ground freezes and thaws in your state. All the joints you spent time lining up will move.