TomG's Photos

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by TomG, Feb 7, 2011.

1. SVA_Concrete

SVA_Concrete LawnSite Senior Member

swap out those nasty PVC air hoses for a flexeel (or similar) hose.

you will be amazed! night and day difference over a traditional air hose.

2. andyslawncare

andyslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

in post number 6, what is the name of that rake and where do you get one that size? Nice work.

3. 2low4NH

2low4NH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NH

4. TomG

TomG LawnSite Senior Member

yea we got it from Pavetech a long time ago. I don't think they make that specific model anymore, but check out 2low4nh link.

5. Twitchy

Twitchy LawnSite Senior Member

Nice job Tom. About 4 yrs ago i did a rebuild of a pool wall that collapsed. The wall was 5ft at the highest point, no grid, gravel, or pipe. The customer sued and only got 5 grand back. Sounds fair right... Love the Techo blu but, whats with the sm squares in the pattern? Tell the guys to blow off the puddles out of the clefs on the pavers when you're done poly sanding. It'll eliminate the white residue lines. BTW saw the company in the new Techo video on youtube. Is Paver Pete a pain in the a$$ to work with?

6. TomG

Thanks for the compliment. The small squares would be because our guys cant seam to figure out how to lay the pavers to not make them...:hammerhead: I was waiting to see if anyone noticed that. haha. Luckily its not noticeable once the pavers are all done.

And about the techo project, yup that's us, i guess the cat got out of the bag quick! I am not allowed to talk about the project or post pictures or video from it until the showcases are over (I will be posting A LOT of pictures from the project for those interested). If you go to the showcase be sure to look for me, I'm in a lot of shots. :) As for Pete, he actually was quite pleasant to work with and I actually had a great time with him. Exact opposite of what I expected.

Here is the video that Twitchy is talking about if anyone is wondering.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxNe8kJp2zQ

7. Twitchy

Twitchy LawnSite Senior Member

I install a lot of the Techo Blu 60, and never came across that problem. My guys break the bond line every 4 -5 pavers and never come out w a square in the pattern. The only problem i've experienced w the Blu 60, is too many med sized pavers. Always have extra... I tell my guys use them heavily in the random pattern. If i have extra mediums left, i'll cut in an inlay of the mediums on a 45 degree. I never use the borders either, too much mitering. Good stuff though.

8. DLONGLANDSCAPING

DLONGLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

The before and after of that yard on the techo block youtube video is amazing. I cant wait to see the during pictures of this job. Nothing looks more beautiful than a well designed, well executed landscape. I bet the property value of that house doubled with that landscape.

9. Steiner

Steiner LawnSite Senior Member

Question:

Looking toward the garage.

In the pattern of the driveway why does the inlaid fan tail only go to a small section of the walk up. It looks like it reduces in width to only a few feet. Maybe it's an optical illusion, but I was wondering why didn't it flow to the width of the stair tread?

-Chris

10. TomG

I shall say this again... I am not allowed to talk about the project or post pictures or video from it until the showcases are over. Like for real, its top secret.:) I guess you will just have to go to a showcase!