TomG's Photos

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by TomG, Feb 7, 2011.

1. A&Jlandscapingllc

A&Jlandscapingllc LawnSite Member

Great work as always

2. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

great work! thanks for sharing the pics with us.

3. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah,work looks great.Thumbs Up

4. xtreem3d

xtreem3d LawnSite Senior Member

Hi Tom,
    Any idea the measurements of the bucket on the e-50 and any idea what the added cost was for the pivot?
    Thanks,
    Steve

5. TomG

TomG LawnSite Senior Member

The digging bucket is 24" and the grading bucket is 52". The wrist was about $5,000. Its a lot but well worth it. I use the wrist and grading bucket for everything except digging rocks and pulling stumps. I'd say the digging bucket is on the machine only 20% of the time.

6. xtreem3d

xtreem3d LawnSite Senior Member

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  7. TomG

We ordered them through my local supplier.

8. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Are u guys finished for the year yet? I can't believe the weather we are having down here, we're still busy as ever, crazy 'winter'!

Got a hardscape question for you. I am thinking about building a stone stacked firepit in my yard and wondering if I should use sandstone or flagstone. Is one or the other stone better for a firepit in your opinion for something like a fire pit?

9. TomG

Yea were all done, finished the first week of January. We have very little snow but the ground is frozen. We have enough work to keep going but we found its not efficient for us to work through the winter.

As for your question, we do very little to no natural stone work so I am really not the person to ask that question. We only build the SRW fire pits with the metal liners. Sorry I can't help you.

10. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

Sandstone or flagstone? Flagstone is just a name for nondemsional rock. How are you thinking about building it? Drystacked, veneerd on a firepit kit?? You might want to start another thread for this also.