1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

TomG's Photos

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by TomG, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Very cool, congrats on the prize and very nice booth. How are your prospects looking for the spring and summer so far?

2. SVA_Concrete

SVA_Concrete LawnSite Senior Member

Your booth needs round up.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. TomG

TomG LawnSite Senior Member

Looking just like last year. And last year was a great year for us.

4. wee alfie

wee alfie LawnSite Member

Hi Tom, This is my first post on this site, I have sat for about 3 hours looking through this thread, some nice work, interesting to see the many constructive criticisms from all the "experts", I enjoy your videos, keep up the good work.

5. TomG

Thanks! I appreciate it.

6. notlevel

notlevel LawnSite Member

good work bub, i'd say you got a good future ahead of ya

7. TomG

Here are some pictures of a project from the begining of this year. A good sized Genest Acadia Stone patio, Genest Baxter Stone walkway, Anchor Highland Stone wall and sitting wall with pillars, night lighting and granite stairs. Pictures are not the greatest at all... I really need to go back and get some good ones.

All we did was the hardscapes, night lighting, a little sod and the landscape stone under the deck. The home owner was having his maintenance company plant and mulch around everything. Fine with me! On to the next job and no call backs for dead plants.

Also no in progress photos. But I videoed the entire job. If you have followed this thread you will know I have done job videos in the past. I have really been trying to step up my videos to the next level with better camera angles and video editing. Here it is take a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4nSc620dws

P4100009.jpg

P4100012.jpg

P4100013.jpg

P4100015.jpg

P4100017.jpg

P4100020.jpg

8. xtreem3d

xtreem3d LawnSite Senior Member

Tom,
    looks like it turned out nice....suprised to see long sleeves on you guys.

This is in no way a knock and I don't criticize pics here but I have seen so many of your companies pics that i can see the kind of work you guys do ...I was suprised to see the rough cut at the asphalt and at maybe the back corner of patio , around the border there were pie shape gaps (before it was interlocked) that looks like were left to get filled with sand.
    Anyway cool video...made me a little dizzy :laugh:
    Steve

PS...like the scribe work at the steps

9. TomG

Yea this project was from April. Still cold here then. I think the asphalt cut is deceiving, it looks like some poly sand may not have been fully swept off the asphalt before wetting. Here is a pre poly sand picture. And for the pie shaped gaps, yes we left those, could they have been mitered and looked better, yea, the pies are not larger than an inch. It depends on the pavers, some times we miter the pavers some times not, with these pavers its really not noticeable when it all sanded. Again I wish I had some good after pictures...

P4100008.jpg

10. TomG

Here is a project we completed last month. All Techo products, besides the granite stoop. I really like how this one turned out.

Some before and after photos.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.0.jpg