TomG's Photos

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by TomG, Feb 7, 2011.

1. TomG

TomG LawnSite Senior Member

Another small wall and a neat wall done around a hot tub.

DSC00661.JPG

DSC00668.JPG

DSC00662.JPG

DSC00664.JPG

DSC00665.JPG

2. TomG

Small project with clay pavers and granite front steps. We did not do the walk way you can see in the 4th picture going through the fence, the home owner did that him self.

DSC00641.JPG

DSC00642.JPG

DSC00644.JPG

DSC00645.JPG

DSC00643.JPG

3. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Anyone can lay brick but very few are great at it. :)

4. OSdb

OSdb LawnSite Member

Looks good except for the top picture. The lower wall has a big vertical line in it at the curve.

5. TomG

Thanks! I have seen some of your pictures also and you do awesome work!

6. TomG

Wow i never noticed that, nice spot. We use a pattern for that block that is supplied by the manufacturer so you use the 6 different sizes equally. Ill have to keep an eye out for that and hopefully it not a problem with the pattern!

7. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Those cuts are really the problem and the combination of colors seem off, are those versa lok walls or techo, both companies have matching steps I see you guys like to use granite steps but I feel they don't flow too well in many of your projects, the clay bricks I think would have looked better with blue stone steps.
    Is the left corner of the wall on the tub sinking? it sure seems that way.
    That radius cut on the tub needs to be of equal size caps so it flows.
    When you split a wall block with that finish run the saw on the face before so it shows a formal finish and matches the pieces next to.
    Just my personal opinion
    I also think the pond looks good

8. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Those cuts are really the problem and the combination of colors seem off, are those versa lok walls or techo, both companies have matching steps I see you guys like to use granite steps but I feel they don't flow too well in many of your projects, the clay bricks I think would have looked better with blue stone steps.
    Is the left corner of the wall on the tub sinking? it sure seems that way.
    That radius cut on the tub needs to be of equal size caps so it flows.
    When you split a wall block with that finish run the saw on the face before so it shows a formal finish and matches the pieces next to.
    Just my personal opinion
    I also think the pond looks good

9. TomG

Thank you for he input. They are Genest Highland Stone walls. We only use the matching steps if they are surrounded by walls. We only do granite steps, we don't do any natural stone work or cement work. I agree with you on the cutting of the cap around the hot tub, it could have been done better. What picture are you referring to about the splitting of the wall block? I'm not sure i follow what you are trying to say. If your referring to the ends of the cap, we always split those so they look like the fronts of the cap.

10. TomG

Pictures of a front walk and a granite pad.

DSC00749.JPG

DSC00770.JPG

DSC00771.JPG

DSC00773.JPG