TomG's Photos

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by TomG, Feb 7, 2011.

1. TomG

TomG LawnSite Senior Member

I was wondering when some one would ask about the tape. Here is a tip for everyone. Its painters tape. We used it with these steps to hold in the poly sand on the edges of the steps and where 2 steps butted up against each other.

As for the big holes the round pavers create, the pavers are supposed to be a "cobbled" look. I really like them, and talk about an easy paver to lay. But wowzers do they use A LOT of poly sand.

2. scagrider22

scagrider22 LawnSite Bronze Member

Once again great job, you guys always do nice work. The walls look good but the pavers Techo selected are one of the worst Ive ever seen, I understand it was out of your hands but I am saying this because I hope somebody at Techo reads my comment. Ive seen those pavers at my local supplier but they have never actually sold them (the odd shaped one's). To bad Techo didn't pick a different paver to show off your work!

3. xtreem3d

xtreem3d LawnSite Senior Member

Tom,
    just looked at some techo vids...they show 3/4 minus for the bases... why the clean? just asking not criticizing

4. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you have any pics of the round cobble after it was sanded in? It would be interesting to see how that strange offset cobble looked after it was sanded, I would think it would make a cool patio. I have never seen it laid that way.

5. Birchwood

Birchwood LawnSite Member

Looks great, the front walk with 3 lines of square cobbles on 1 side and 1 on the other looks dumb. But over all great job. I saw your videos on you tube before and thought it was your folks home. Can you give me info on the heater you used under the pavers. And I also love the round cobbles.

6. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Amazing work!

7. TomG

In some of the pictures you can see standing water in the trenches for the walls. We had to use 3/4" clean, we had a high water table on this job. We use 3/4" clean or 3/4" processed gravel for the base of all our walls depending on the situation. Either way they both work and are acceptable practices.

8. TomG

I'll re-look through my computer, I do some where. We actually recently sealed all the pavers. I'll try and get them up tonight.

9. TomG

The heater is just under the permeable part of the driveway. (about 20' from the garage doors out). It is a Danfoss system. It was relatively easy to install. It was the fist one of its kind I had ever done so it was a good learning experience. Anything specific you want to know?

10. TomG

Some finished photos that I just found. All the pavers are sealed in these photos as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]