TomG's Photos

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by TomG, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow that looks amazing after its sanded, excellent work!
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. jmacd

jmacd LawnSite Member

The driveway slopes toward the garage, you stated permeable paver's in front of the garage. In a hard rain will the permeable paver's perk water fast enough to drain. Or do you have actual drains like channel drains at the garage.

3. TomG

TomG LawnSite Senior Member

The permeable pavers at the garage actually slope away from the garage, but yes the paver system drains fast enough. But we also installed overflow pipes, you can see them in one of my construction photos, their white. They are just in case we got an extremely heavy rain.

4. TomG

Some pictures of a small wall we did recently. We were fixing/replacing a failed "wall" if you can call it that. Took two days. Me and one guy the first day to demo, excavate, prep and lay base row. And the second day 4 guys to build the wall. The SRW is 5ft high including a foot of embedment. This wall has a pretty extreme toe slope, about 12' down from the base of the wall. Engineer spec'd geo-grid every 2 rows. The sonotubes are for a fence the homeowner is installing him self.

I also time lapsed the building of the wall and made a video. Be sure to watch in 1080p HD on full screen to be able to really pick apart everything that was "done wrong". :D Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC_hLVrguPY

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Nice stuff Tom.

did you re-use some old block on the buried courses? also is the gravel below the wall for some erosion control?

6. TomG

Yes the two buried courses were reused from the original wall. The block was still in good condition and was actually bigger than the new wall block so it was excellent for a base. And the gravel is kind of for erosion control. The real erosion control is the water resistant fabric, the gravel over it is really just for looks.

7. TomG

I thought I would share this here, as some of you might be interested. Back in January I was cast for an upcoming TV show on the Discovery channel called "Machines Of Glory". Discovery is airing the 3 pilot episodes back to back, to back. The episode I am on is airing this Sunday December 30th at 5pm.(check your local listings). So tune in if you want and if you do, be sure to root for the red team!

Here is a link with a description of the show and the air times. And a preview video from my episode.

http://www.huliq.com/10473/machines-glory-competition-meets-heavy-equipment-sunday

12323.jpg

8. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

9. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Are there going to be more episodes of Machines of glory?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. TomG

Thanks guys. What i have been told is that they were airing these 3 pilot episodes and going to see how they did, and go from there. And we were told if they ever had a "tournament of champions" episode we would be invited back. Fingers are crossed!