1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

TomG's Photos

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by TomG, Feb 7, 2011.

1. TomG

TomG LawnSite Senior Member

This is the biggest granite pad we have ever done. It is 12' x 4' it weighed about 5000lbs. Our A300 would barely lift it. We ended up putting it in with the E50 and the machine had no problem with it, it was quite impressive. Also in these pictures you can see part of the foundation between the big pad and the thin piece that you step on coming out the door. That was covered in granite also, the piece was just not in when i took the pictures.

DSC00834.JPG

DSC00835.JPG

DSC00837.JPG

DSC00838.JPG

2. TomG

More from the same job

DSC00839.JPG

DSC00841.JPG

DSC00842.JPG

3. TomG

A large circular patio. Pictures are not the best because of the shadows

DSC01153.JPG

DSC01154.JPG

DSC01155.JPG

DSC01156.JPG

4. OutdoorCreations

OutdoorCreations LawnSite Member

Just curious, what is with all the granite steps?

5. 2low4NH

2low4NH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NH

low cost granite that is boght in blk and installed at typical retail price for our area making hge prfit off each project.

6. TomG

Were located in New Hampshire, "The Granite State." :usflag:Everyone around here wants granite, we normally don't even get asked about anything else. Probably because it will never crack, there is no maintenance, the color never fades(ok maybe a little), and you don't have to worry about what salts you put on it in the winter. I would say that on 95% of the jobs we do, granite in some way is involved.

7. jplawnmaint

jplawnmaint LawnSite Member

I would have to agree with Tom on the granite. We always get asked about putting in granite steps. It is a natural resource around here so every one wants it. Tom I remember reading a article a few year ago about the company. I don't recall what mag it was in. turf maybe?
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. TomG

Honestly I couldn't tell you what magazine, it could have been turf.

9. TomG

Here is a patio project we did. I actually have progress pictures for this one. Also I shot some video of us putting the patio down and made a time lapse video. Check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqUo4b82au8

DSC00843.JPG

DSC00870.JPG

DSC00876.JPG

DSC00888.JPG

DSC00912.JPG

10. TomG

Some during photos.

DSC00850.JPG

DSC00874.JPG

DSC00875.JPG