TomG's Photos

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by TomG, Feb 7, 2011.

1. TomG

TomG LawnSite Senior Member

Well I wasn't sure if people would be interested in my thread because I don't see too many people posting pictures of their own projects, but it looks like people are. I will share some information about myself. I work for my family's Landscaping business and I hope to take it over someday when the old man wants to retire. I graduated last year from college with associates degrees in construction management and business management. I have worked for the family company for 13 years. Currently I am a job foreman and the head equipment operator for the company. I do all the prep work for all the jobs, meaning for pavers, I do everything up to putting in the beading sand and for walls, everything up to laying base row. Also I do almost all of the granite work. Then my father and his crew comes in and completes the project and I move on to prep the next job. However on our large projects we work together to get the job done quicker. I am also ICPI, NCMA and PICP certified and have a CDL license. Don't be afraid to to ask questions or comment on our projects. I will try to answer them the best I can but I don't know everything! :)haha

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  2. TomG

Lol, uh oh you clearly know who I am. Hey you do what your good at rite?:) Care to share who you are? Or just shoot me a pm. Since I cant figure it out. haha

3. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Overall the jobs look ok, but I think there is room for improvement on the detail (as in finishing touches) aspect and in the design department. Have you guys considered hiring someone to design your hardscapes for you?

4. TomG

We only use a designer when the customer requests it.

5. TomG

PatriotLandscape, never mind i figured it out. lol, It was good to meet you and your wife down at HNA. I hear you guys had a good time at the Techo party at NE Grows. :):drinkup:

6. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

HAHAHA yeah that was me, Johnny O' has got a big mouth :laugh:

7. TomG

A small walkway we did with a belmont border on one side.

DSC01351.JPG

DSC01352.JPG

DSC01353.JPG

8. TomG

A permeable patio and walk we did on a lake. The client had been waiting for a year to get a regular patio approved. We re-did the design with permeable and it got approved in one week. Permeable is definitely the way of the future.

DSC_0119.JPG

DSC_0120.JPG

DSC_0121.JPG

DSC_0122.JPG

DSC_0123.JPG

9. TomG

Some before and afters of a front walk with granite steps we did. Not the best pictures.

DSC_0165.JPG

DSC_0186.JPG

DSC_0166.JPG

DSC_0184.JPG

10. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Tom, don't take this personal, you really need to pay more attention to detail, like bond lines and I'm not seeing any edge restraint anywhere, what about geo-tex, haven't seen you guys using that either. You guys seem to do alot of work and you're proud of it which is a good thing but stand back and have a look at your work from the curb, things need to flowwwwwwwwwwww. :)