1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

TomG's Photos

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by TomG, Feb 7, 2011.

1. juststartin

juststartin LawnSite Senior Member

He hasn't got to z06 status yet... just standard corvette.

I have seen your work and there is a very good reason you are bawler!!!

2. juststartin

Keep it coming. I really enjoy your pics and think you have a unique equipment selection. I am trying to refurbish an A300 right now. They are just incredible machines. To me they have less of a footprint than a tracked machine. I would have really liked to find an A220, but there is NOTHING used for sale in that particular model.

3. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Gotta ask, I think. What is "bawler".

4. juststartin

Sorry I may have misspelled. Slang for highroller.

5. TomG

TomG LawnSite Senior Member

No worries, you have your opinion and that's fine. I can assure you there is edge restraint on each and every job. We wouldn't be in business for 30 years if we didn't. Its usually just covered by mulch or loam on the side. We don't use geo-textile under walks or patios unless there is clay or loam present after excavation. We have very sandy, gravely soil here. We also compact the ground at the bottom of the excavation before the base goes in. What pictures are you referring to about bond lines? Again i appreciate your comments and opinions even though i don't always agree with them.:)

6. OutdoorCreations

OutdoorCreations LawnSite Member

I think everything looks good. I personally don't like all the granite, but you explained why you use it. Nice equipment too!

7. TomG

TomG LawnSite Senior Member

Thank you. A300's are great machines you will love it when you get it refurbished.

8. zedosix

One in particular would be the small walkway that adjoins the circle patio, the permeable one where there is no border, the last one that is curved just needs to be smoother, gotta stand back and look at your work, couple more, but don't want to make an issue of it. Long as you and your customers are happy.

9. zedosix

Anything I have or have accomplished in my life I owe to hard work. :)

10. jplawnmaint

jplawnmaint LawnSite Member

I think he ment "Baller". Not Bawler.
    Posted via Mobile Device