Tomorrow's the day...the Sentar or Stander...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GStover, Feb 16, 2006.

1. GStover

GStover LawnSite Member

Going to buy the Sentar Sport 36" or the Stander 36" with RH tomorrow....still not sure which one....:dizzy:

Free BBQ also...problem is the temp just dropped 35 degrees from what it's been as of late...gonna be hard to d'moe them. Maybe I'll get some free T-shirts too, lol...
  2. Mr.Mow-It-All

Mr.Mow-It-All LawnSite Senior Member

Yeh I was thinking of going over there tomorrow also. I went and looked at the 36 wright two weeks ago and they told me the same thing about the sentar basicaly the same price. I didn't demo any but thought that even with the sport would want to stand more than not, because of my properties, but did not feel near as comfortable to stand as the stander did. Tough choice though. Good luck with your purchase, I think I have actualy decided to get a gravley walk behind, their walk behinds will go 8.5 mph with a sulky/proslide. I have some entry ways along brick walls and curbs that are about .75 of a mile long and only 5 foot wide so the traveling time is a biggy for me.
  3. GStover

GStover LawnSite Member

If you're going Gravely, be sure to check out the dealer in Yukon. I know Lonnie bought his 34Z in Denton...and I was actually going to buy that mower but decided against it...not because I don't think it's a great mower, but I just think the Wright 36'ers are best for what I need, and I hope Lonnie is happy with his puchase. I know he saved on sales tax buying in TX, but not sure about getting it serviced when the time(s) come.

Also, ask the local commercial lawn dealer in Edmond where the best place is to dump. Good luck to you also, Drew...I hope you and your family are happy with your move. Edmond has great schools for the kids...I even graduated from UCO a few years ago. You should do well in the town...

4. nitrotim

nitrotim LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

I think I replied to your other thread but i tell you again they are basically the same machine. I have the SPort and put 200 hrs on it. I stand most of the time but ther are sometimes I just like to sit. Good luck with which machine you get you will like either one.
  5. GStover

GStover LawnSite Member

Thanks, Nitro...I appreciate your reply...:waving:
  6. Mr.Mow-It-All

I checked the price with the the guy in edmond and the guy in denton. The guy in denton was only 350 cheaper, and that is with no tax. So I figured it would be better to buy from the guy in edmond so they will treat me good for service. I will also ask them about the dump.
  7. GStover

GStover LawnSite Member

Drew...didn't see you at PPE today, but bought some things while eating some good BBQ...:drinkup:

36" Sentar Sport 17hp Kaw Elec start
    Jumbo Grass Gobbler
    Tanaka TBC 340
    Tanaka TBC 2500
    Mulching kit and

I'll pick the Sentar up in the morning...hope you or Lonnie at least went and got the free BBQ...there was a ton of people there...True Green bought probably 20 - 30 trimmers, tons of blowers, and other misc stuff that was on the floor in the shop area. Saw one guy unloading a truck load of Honda generators...while I was standing there a few fell off the back of the truck. I won't buy any generators from there for a while lol. Anyway, all in all I was happy with what I bought. I dealt with a guy named Thomas...I promised him a while back that I would be sure he got my sale for commission reasons. He's a good guy...straight shooter..., and I'll always use him for my equipment purchases. Maybe after this season is over, and the wife and I have moved and settled in, all of us central Oklahoman's can have a cook-out with the spouses and treat.

Hope some of you got to eat some BBQ...the sausage was great...

8. Mr.Mow-It-All

Well glad you had a good time.

Unfortunatley I wasn't able to go. My brother his wife and 4 kids came down today and he has been helping build a pretty killer shelve sytem in our garage, (custom, that is what he does for a living and I am no carpenter by any means), and I also had to fix the main valve to a huge watering sytem that I broke last nigh OUCH!!!!!. I realy wanted to go, and was kind of hoping to get to meet you, but like I said realy no way to make it today.

I hope you got some good deals. I see that you bought some tanaka trimmers, I forgot but the service guy that works on the 2 strokes told me about those and said they were going to have some good deals on those today. I realy like my shindaiwa trimmers and edgers, so don't know that I could change anyway.

Any way I just checked the boards while I am on break from building shelves, heading back out to the garage in this nice weahter.

Glad to hear you got what you needed. Hope to hear from you soon.

9. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

i have never ran either but it looks to me like a long day of mowing on a sentar would hurt your butt .that seat dosent look to comfortable .
  10. lonnie

lonnie LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys, I did some leaf cleanups and the 34z with mulch kits turns leaves to dust. I think I'm in love with this mower. I would have liked to buy mine local but saving over $800 I just couldn't pass up. I have heard that dealers make their money on warranty work and repairs so hopefully i won't have a problem when the time comes. GStover, does the stander or sentar have a floating deck?