Tongue Twister Trailer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bob, Oct 18, 2000.

1. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Have you guys(and gals) seen the new trailer called "Tongue Twister"? Its on page 15 in the October Landscape Management magazine. It has gates at both ends. The trailer pivits 40 degrees allowing both end gates to be used.

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Pretty cool, huh!? The only thing is, you still have to be able to park somewhere at an angle, unlike with a sidegate. Pretty nifty though!

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Is there a URL for this trailer for us guys that still haven't gotten our magazine? It's been a long time ago I got signed up too.

4. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Its says in the article that it has a ram that moves the trailer 40 degrees in either direction. I would think you could keep the truck almost straight and swivel it 40 degrees to access the front gate. It looks neat but a side gate would be alot less money and just as useful.

5. Redmowers

Redmowers LawnSite Member

I have an 1969 Alloy single snomobile trailer that does the same thing.You drive on from the back and off the front. The tongue has like a universal joint that allows it to dump and piviot almost 90 degrees to dump and unload from the front.I agree the side gate seems simpler and easier to use.

6. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

if the trailer is rammed forty degrees and the truck is straight, the trailer is still going to jutt its back gate out towards the center of the road. dont know how efficient that would be on a busy road