1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tonights DIA meeting

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Sep 18, 2007.

1. We had our local irrigation meeting and had an enthusiastic presentation by who I think is the inventor and owner of Valvette Systems Corp.

I see a lot of practical service applications for this stuff and got some samples to try out. The main thing is that any adjustments made to the nozzle through these will stay put. I'll play with these and give feedback later.

Also had a demo by X-10 Light control switches. Out of my league but definitely something for the light guys.

Poor Henry won the 150.00 raffle but wasn't there cuz his boss had him working late. (Me) Should I give him that as a bonus? The 150.00 gets increased each meeting and only people at the previous meeting can win it.
  2. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Never been a fan of the little valves.

Seems to me like its solving a problem that doesn't exist.
  3. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

P. T. Barnum comes to mind. :)
  4. Have tou two tried them or just being yourselves?
  5. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

X-10 is dead.
  6. Man, I came out of that meeting so optimistic for the future of mankind and I've had three negative responses. Could you guys add qualifiers to your comments? Real world experience plus honest analysis.
  7. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

They look kinda cool, however I see no mention of a check.
  8. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

While X-10 has served it's purpose, the biggest drawback has always been reliable operation. X-10 has been around for a long time, but there are new technologies that are far more reliable. These include "new", more reliable versions of X-10 and X-10 type technology and UPB. UPB is what I am putting into the house.
  9. They do have checks for their heads but not the replacement stems. First question I asked him. I'm going to try the SA on some low risers and I think the shut off coupling has some drip application possibilties.
  10. Youve lost me here. I guess this part of the post belongs in the lighting forum.