Tonneau Covers?

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by Kraco_1, Feb 12, 2001.

1. Kraco_1

Kraco_1 LawnSite Member

Just wanted to know if anyone use these? Thought it would be a good idea for keeping the snow off the bags of salt and other equipment. If you have them are they a pain in the a**? Or do they work ok? Is there one you would recommend? Thank's....Kraco_1

2. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson LawnSite Senior Member

Kraco_1,
    I always found when the cover was cold it never snapped back on.I just left it alone during the cold winter months.
    JUST MY 2 CENTS...:D

3. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 LawnSite Senior Member

If you do get one, I would get one of the hinged ones. That would keep the bags dry, but also alow you to access them once you've slammed on the brakes, and they've all slid to the front of the bed. Also, depending on what type of spreader you have, it may not work too well...

-Tim

4. plowjockey

plowjockey LawnSite Senior Member

I have a hard cover (hinged at the front) on one of my trucks. It does a nice job keeping the salt, or other material dry but if you get the lock frozen you're in a fix. The other problem is that it greatly restricts your access to the front section of the bed. It has pros and cons but it could work for you. Mine sits out back right now but i keep looking at it and thinking about putting it back on. The only other problem is that it restricts the height of what you can set in the bed anad you can't load much over the side.

Bruce

5. Kraco_1

Kraco_1 LawnSite Member

Thank's guys ,I also seen a couple of them that slide on rollers in a track kind of a deal. Anyone have one of these? Maybe that would be a better way. And I have 2x10's for divider's so I don't worry about load shift, it keeps things where you put them. Here's a link to what I'm talking about if you've never seen them, the bottom one I like the best but it's not cheap......Kraco_1

http://www.accesscover.com/Products/Access.asp?section=covers

http://www.davestonneaucovers.com/Pace Edwards.htm

6. npalomba

npalomba LawnSite Member

Kraco_1 I like the second one; and your right it is expensive; My issue is that I want to have the ability to have a Salter on the back and I don't know how that would work. Great idea though... Let me know if you do it I would be interested in your results.

7. Kraco_1

Kraco_1 LawnSite Member

npalomba, yeah I'll let you know if I get one. The issue with salt wouldn't be a problem for me because I use a tailgate spreader & bags, also I'm pretty tall so I don't have a problem reaching over the bed and loading the salt from the ground which is how I do it now....Kraco_1

8. npalomba

npalomba LawnSite Member

That's the same configuration that I am looking at; Tailgate spreader... I am also tall enough so now i would be really interested in if you go this way. Thanks!

9. Kraco_1

Kraco_1 LawnSite Member

No problem, chance's are I'll be getting it pretty quick. I'd just like to see if someone else has one and can let me know how they like it and if there's anything I should be aware of.....Kraco_1

10. npalomba

npalomba LawnSite Member

Wow, I was just looking at the pricing on this two items; they aren't cheap are they!