tons of work now

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Apr 19, 2003.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

about a month ago i was whining about no work. now the phone is ringin like mad, and im gettin most of the jobs. many new lawns, new fert programs, and a few nice landscape jobs. and im getting my price, no hagglers, no one one moaning when i give a quote. things are lookin up. anyone else having the same experiences?

2. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

I haven't picked up many new accts this spring, and I have no desire to. I have picked up alot of extras my existing customers want done. No haggling, just do it and let me know how much. Glad to see things are looking up for ya Bobby.

3. TotalCareSolutions

TotalCareSolutions LawnSite Senior Member

Bobby,

Weve been 'ROLLIN' for about 6 weeks in GA. Things are lookin great from here.

4. LocalTouch

LocalTouch LawnSite Member

Same here in Ohio. People still needing spring clean ups. Also have several lawn jobs. Decent return on investing in advertising in the Valpak.

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I guess we have picked up 8 or 9 new lawns in the last 2 weeks. Lost one...but no great loss though. Things are lookin good.

6. GraZZmaZter

GraZZmaZter LawnSite Senior Member

Working out great for us here in Michigan to. Got a few signed up for the 12 month billing program, and i love it! Its gonna be alot less stressful around the house this winter. Hopefully i will be out in the 86' Chevy pushing deep snow too!

7. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Same here Bobby, a few weeks ago I had a little work to do but over the last week I have been CRAZY. I have spring clean-ups booked for the next 2-3 weeks (weather permitting) with more calls coming in every day.

8. NBLL

NBLL LawnSite Member

I have picked up several customers who just walk up while I am mowing and ask about service. Several existing customers are requesting landscape maintenance and getting a bunch of referrals for applications from existing customers and fellow LCOs. This should be a very profitable year.

9. Jarrells74

Jarrells74 LawnSite Member

SLOW here... VERY slow.. This is my first year. I am thinking of selling my equipment and forgeting about the business. I have an add in the local newspaper, but the problem is, there is about 60 other Lawncare/Landscaping adds in there as well. Everyone and there mother is doing this around here. I can make more money by selling my equipment. I have no idea how you all are so busy. I have flyers out too. Not as much as I want to, but I just keep sinking money into this business, and getting nothing in return. It is a very depressing time..:( I may give it another week or 2, and then the equipment goes in the paper.. Oh well, another door closes in my face..

10. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

If you need a helping hand, I've got a friend down by you that's just starting up and could use some extra work....... let me know........
    Pete