1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Too big for a 48" Tiger Cub????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jon99, May 17, 2005.

1. Jon99

Jon99 LawnSite Senior Member

Got a call today for a 7 acre yard, a house on a lot with very few trees and little trimming.. Too big for my equiment???
  2. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you have a sulky? If so, you could do it, but it would take several hours.
  3. JB Landscape

JB Landscape LawnSite Member

Yes, I only use 52" walk behind, standing, or sitting. I would not use a 48" on any yard of any size.
  4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Scag advertisement says 23 acres a day so go for it! That likely is 52" running 12mph but it sure looks like 7 acres could be done in a half day.
  5. jgtxusa

jgtxusa LawnSite Member

You should mow that in 3-4 hours max. No big deal if you are solo. Go for it. That scag should roll right through those jobs.
  6. Mowgli

Mowgli LawnSite Member

With tiger cub ZTR, you should be able to do it within 4.5 hours max.
  7. RandysLawnCare

RandysLawnCare LawnSite Member

I would use the scag if anything. 7 acres a week is what a scag is built for. just give the scag a little break during the rest of the week. I would not use the cub not buit for that kind of acrerage. But on that sit down sulkey make sure you dont :sleeping: Hope I helped, Randy's Lawn Care :waving:
  8. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

Do it thats nothing for that machine it wont even think twice. I mean you have to use the machine to make money so payup .
  9. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

Go for it i run 48" cubs granted i dont mow 7 acres at one time but i dot see why this would be a problem at all.
  10. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I mow a 7 acre Industrial factory like you described with 0 trees and 1 flag pole. 5 acres are in the front lawn and flat. You wont have any problem mowing it.Im in and out, mowed , trim, blow the parking lot in 3 hours flat