Too cheap to buy a scanner........

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by bobcat_ron, Dec 21, 2008.

Tags:
  1. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

I was looking at the pics from the old B model D3 this afternoon, what a tiny dozer that was, then jumping up to the D4, momma mia! :laugh:

2. WillieWonka1850

WillieWonka1850 LawnSite Fanatic

I'd love to get my hands on an old 943 or any old 1980s 900 series. Would come in handy for Snow Removal and some serious excavating and maybe some serious Demolition or loading jobs if we needed. Theres a guy out in Flushing that has a small tree Farm and he has a 943 with a Tree Spade, Forks, bucket and the Rear scarifier. I took a looks at it one day, THAT THING IS A MONSTER!! AND THATS NOT EVEN THE BIGGEST ONE!!!
    Theres another good use if we needed, serious Tree Work. Any way cool pics!

3. 93turbo

93turbo LawnSite Senior Member

was just looking at printer copier scanners and you can get a decent one for $100

4. bobcat_ron

Well I blew my yearly electronics expenditures on a new Fuji underwater camera last week, so I guess I am a cheapster!!!!

5. 93turbo

93turbo LawnSite Senior Member

planning on working with dirtman? :laugh:

6. bearmtnmartin

bearmtnmartin LawnSite Senior Member

since you guys are posting pics of youngsters in heavy equipment, heres my test pit digger. He just turned 9. He's actually pretty good!

IMAGE_257.jpg

7. bobcat_ron

Put that little digger to work with Darren from Sudden Service plumbing, that dude needs to stop using a shovel.

8. WillieWonka1850

Ah, reminds me of when I was a little nose dripper (something my Welding instructor said)
    Wonder if I can find any pics of me when I was little sitting on equipment.

9. WillieWonka1850

Well I found some pics of me as a little equipment guy:
    Had to use Ron's method "Taking Pictures of Pictures"
    I have a scanner on my printer, but haven't got around to getting it to work.

First 2 are me at 8, with my neighbor Kenny giving me a ride on his Kioti.
    The next one is me standing next to a restored John Deere 110 Garden Tractor.
    This last one is one of my favorites, me on a big Caterpillar Tracked Tractor. The man behind is my Uncle Andy, who also has a like for equipment and he got me going on equipment at a young age. :)
    Next is me at 4, with my uncle on his old John Deere 430 Diesel Garden Tractor.

GEDC0149.jpg

GEDC0151.jpg

GEDC0150.jpg

GEDC0153.jpg

GEDC0159.jpg

10. bobcat_ron

Wow, your's turned out better than mine.