Too close for comfort

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by panda, Jan 1, 2004.

1. panda

panda LawnSite Member

This is my first try at posting a picture, hope it comes through. Was a 60" tree spade removing a cedar which was VERY close to a home.... We were all a little bit nervous..

tree spade 10-03 047.jpg

2. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

that looks down right dangorus what bsize spade is it?

3. panda

panda LawnSite Member

sbv...I'm not sure what bsize stands for .. I'm guessing "blade" This spade removed a five foot root ball. Here is another picture of the entire truck.. This time with a 41 foot fir tree in it.

tree spade 10-03 002.jpg

4. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

size thats all i ment just thinkin it sould shift is it was a tag along for a pickup

5. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you know how much it cost the homeowner to remove the tree with the spade?

6. panda

panda LawnSite Member

Actually this particular tree was moved as part of a deal w/ the contractor. There were two that had to move, he took one in trade for moving and resetting the other in a different location for us. The fir we purchased at a price of $1200.00 installed. The price of a tree depends on the variety and size.

7. brentsawyer

brentsawyer LawnSite Senior Member

Just a little to the right..... OK OK OK... Ok two more inches.... Good Good your doing great......OK.... OK..... OK..... STOP STOP STOP STOP shew.....OK OK OK back up just a bit....OK OK OK Right there.... GREAT.....now you got it

8. panda

panda LawnSite Member

brent... you must have been that fly on the wall that we saw...... thats exactly how it was!!!