Too cold to work today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawrence stone, Apr 5, 2000.

1. Right now at 8:41am est the temp is 33 with<br>steady 17 mph NW wind gusts to 23 for a<br>wind chill of 11 degress. High temp at 4pm<br>will be 44.<p>Tommorrow is another day there is no need<br>to catch a cold this early in the season.<br>

2. imowit

imowit Guest

Wuss!

3. DMC300

DMC300 LawnSite Senior Member

IT'S PERFECT HERE IN FL.,AND I'M STUCK AT HOME WITH 2 SICK KIDS!WHAT A BUMMER...GOOD TIME TO CATCH UP ON PAPERWORK.<p>----------<br>DON<br>LIANNES' MOWING

4. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Can't catch a cold from the cold, maybe a chill. It takes germs and since you work alone no problem.

5. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Those same conditions were in Illinois yesterday. It was cold and not a lot of fun, but I made it through the day. We had snow in the morning and snow flurries of and on all day. 65 today and 30 MPH winds, so it will be warmer today. <p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.townserver.com/elm/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>

6. ADMServices

ADMServices LawnSite Member

we have the same weather here in michigan as in chicago. The guys out doing clean ups are having to bundle up as if it was fall. LOL !!! The heat will be here soon enough. <br>??Another easter snowfall this year?? LOL never know !<p>

7. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Larry, I live right down the road from you,in Delaware. Yes it was cold out today, but after about 20 minutes with the weed eater you didn't even notice it. Bob

8. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I hate this cold too. 38 this morning here. Had to back on the flannel and the big coat. grrrrrr

9. Cannonturf

Cannonturf LawnSite Member

Hell i remember when we were doing spring clean ups in April one year and it was 3 below one morning. Now that's cold. 33 is nothing to work in that's normal here.

10. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Wimps. Got to 44 today. I was doing cleanups in my co. uniform, t-shirt and jeans. The sweatshirt was hanging on the truck mirror just in case it rained. <p>When its below 35 I usually stay in, only because the equip has summer oil and it makes it a witch to start.<p>Bill