Too dry to too wet........

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Cigarcop, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Cigarcop

Cigarcop LawnSite Member

Well we went from the ground being cracked like a desert floor to too wet to get the mowers on. The ground is swamped around here and the grass is still matted down, hopefully it drys up a bit. Nice to get a few hunting days in though!!

2. nate1422

nate1422 LawnSite Member

Looking like rain all week, happy hunting. I just renovated my yard 2 weeks ago so besides loosing some topsoil and minor washout, the 6 inches of rain was great news for me. Grass is coming up real nice.

3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Hi neighbors!

I'm feeling it!

Too dry, too wet, and I got a lot to do in the next 3 weeks. I'm getting married the 5th of November, so thats about the end of my season this year. Yikes!

4. nate1422

nate1422 LawnSite Member

You have more to worry about than the next 3 weeks, not just the end of your season either....jk......Congrats and good luck with the wedding.

I guess we got what we wished for, just got everything in one weekend.

5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks! Lots to do. Cant wait for the Honeymoon!

6. nate1422

nate1422 LawnSite Member

Enjoy the honeymoon, with the way this year is going, you will have plenty to do when you return, it just might be dry till then. Is it ever going to get colder???

7. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Just as long as it doesn't SNOW till after Thanksgiving! That would be a little bit of a problem!

8. nate1422

nate1422 LawnSite Member

With this years weather, who knows what happens.

9. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh crap that reminds me, anniverasry soon! Congrats on wedding. This weather is a bit kookoo, but it has been for years now. Last summer was cool and wet. Lots of snow, drought, rain for weeks. Mother Nature is pissed off.