1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Too early for snow!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turfdude, Dec 5, 2003.

1. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, it seems like we're getting another early "event" today and agfain tomorrow. For us here in south Jersey, appreciable snows prior to the Holidays are very uncommon. I cannot believe that this is 2 years in a row now. Like myself, many other landscapers in this area begin our final clean-ups after Thanksgiving. With the extreemely windy and abnormally cold weather this week, we got less than 15 done. We spent 1.5 days doing some sodding, but now we still have over 150 clean-ups to do, and we'll be putting on the plows for sure now. I hope the warmer temps next week melt this crap all away. Otherwise, we're screwed ..... again. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Well, I guess I'll go into the office and check to see how many people call me that have yet to return their snow contracts. I can feel them panicing.
  2. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

Here in North Jersey,they are now predicting 8-14". Let it snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

I hear you Turfdude. Last year we weren't able to finish. This year we are very close. We just have a couple of stragglers to get done. Getting all the snow equipment ready today. I just keep crossing my fingers. :(
  4. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

I'm ready:D

5. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

LOL @ switchless. I take it that pic is from last year? Hom much snow is that? Where in NJ are you? I am in Morris County.
  6. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Yup, that was the walkway to my house. It was the big one, average was 2 feet. I'm in Basking Ridge.
  7. Rich's Lawn Care

Rich's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Love Snow!!!!!payup payup payup
  8. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Hey if you guys do not want the snow we will take it, I am all set for it.:p
  9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Btw, it's pronounced Bahhhsking Ridge...LOL. Right Pete???
  10. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

Turfdude, this really is just like last fall. A year ago to the day of our first snow last year. I still have lots of clean-ups to do, somewhere around 60-70, and lime and fert apps. Right now we have 3"-4" on the ground and more on the way. I'm screwed. Let's hope for a Christmas miracle and all the snow will melt and we can get back to work:rolleyes: Stay safe if you're out plowing in this. Mike