1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

too early to contact new potential comm. clients???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cst51, Dec 18, 2002.

1. cst51

cst51 LawnSite Member

Just wondering what you all thought about this topic? My season is over here and will take a week vaction over the holidays. Is it too early to contact new commercial clients for next year or is it better to wait until Jan./Feb. when the new season gets a little bit closer? I am afraid if I introduce myself now they will forget me when it is time to make a decision on their properties for next year? I am planning on contacting them again once the season gets closer to see if they have made a decision. Just wondering what you all thought, and how you approach probable new clients in your area.

2. Never too early

Prospecting will help keep you sharp for next year. And if 1/2 of them forget you that means 1/2 of them didn't.
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Good point Bob...never too early...should always be prospecting.
  4. therainman

therainman LawnSite Member
    from IL

Too early?????

closer to too late.
    many commercial accounts are subject to budget reviews by corporate heads that are not at your local level. I try to seek out com. accounts in Nov. and Dec. Turning one in today... also going ealry like this I have found it easier to get payment 12 months out of the year.

5. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

I've been working on them now. Today I got the biggest commercial account ever! Its a new theatre I'm stoked!:D
  6. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

We do most of our com. proposals in Nov/Dec. That said, I have aquired accounts as late as March. In June and July you can aquire accounts that were serviced by another company and the clients are now dissatisfied. Have a good season.

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Same here. I always pick up a few accounts in Aug. when the wanna be's start dropping out.
  8. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

This is the time to be bidding everything - Around Iowa, the cities and counties require bids to be in by Dec. 2. - How else can you plan next year without starting early?
  9. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

Do not wait. It is never too early to get new accounts. You should be working on new accounts year-round and working on keeping existing accounts year-round. Never put something off until another day, as another company may jump in and take your potential new accounts.
  10. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

ffshuter, you are absolutely right! That is the best attitude and game-plan to have. Good luck to everyone in the upcoming season!:blob3: