Too Early

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lynch Landscaping, Apr 16, 2006.

1. Lynch Landscaping

Lynch Landscaping LawnSite Member

Yesterday I was doing a spring clean-up and it was 9:30 and a lady came driving by and yelling at me that is was too early? Is there a state law for in the morning running tools? If so does anybody know what it is for CT. Thanks

Have a Good Easter Guys!
  2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

9:30? I hardly think so. I would have told her it was too early for yelling. :laugh:
  3. TriplePLandscaping

TriplePLandscaping LawnSite Member

9:30, thats definitly not to early. If it was more like around 7:30 then probibly yes. She probibly had nothin better to do.
  4. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

8:00 here for residential and I think 5:00 for commercial in KS
  5. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Same here....:weightlifter:
  6. Lynch Landscaping

Lynch Landscaping LawnSite Member

Thats what I thought. If 9:30 is too i give up. lol
  7. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

Can't start in residential areas before 7:30am here.
  8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

9:30a is not too early, not in my book.
    Keep an eye out for her in the future so when you see her coming and you're cutting grass, head for the far away portion.
    Matter of fact, leave that portion for last so you always have it needing to be done anytime lol.

Only once did I have someone actually cross into the customer's property and follow me to the far away portion.
    But by that time anything's fair game, they're on my turf now and I said what I felt like at the time.
  9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

The problem may be with how long you were running a big blower in the area-since you said you were doing a clean-up?? In our area if you run the big units more than a few minutes anytime people are home, someone always seems to get angry. No more working when people are home for us.
  10. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

7:30 residential here and some earlier time for commercial over here