too high

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Neil M, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Neil M

Neil M LawnSite Member

Did an estimate for a spring clean and weekly cut.
    The yard is about 53000sqft. I gave him a quote of $70.00 per cut and $350.00 for the spring clean (removing leaves and sticks from the yard and beds). My price for 1 acre is $60.00. The customer said that I was too high and that there is a big name company that does it for much less. I hope that he was just looking for the cheapest guy. What does everyone think. Thanx
  2. Cracker Station

Cracker Station LawnSite Member

Sounds very reasonable to me on the weekly cut. Don't know about the clean-up tho, all depends.
  3. All_Clear

All_Clear LawnSite Senior Member

Price shopper!!!

Yeah the big co. probably does it for less... Most do volume with less profit, there for they can "do it for less"

You win some ya lose some. Remember ya cant sign them all and if you do your priced to low.

Better luck with the next one.
  4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

If it isn't going to cover your costs and make you money,...there is just one more opening for a job that WILL make you real money.
  5. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

"oooooooooooo well." That's what I usually say or ......"$#!^"
  6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

If the big company can do it for less, then why hasn't he already hired the big company?
    Guess he forgot the name of it... :)

Don't let stuff like this phase you, you might can do this 1.3 acre lot for a little less, maybe 65-70 if you really need the work but don't let them lowball you is what I say. Either way, if you really needed the work then you might've bidded 65, but you didn't and your price is what you charge, take it or leave it.