Here's an observation since we have been without rain for awhile. We made a real effort starting last year to try the cycle soak approach to irrigation. The thinking was to hopefully re-train the turf and beds for the twice a week watering and to send roots deeper. It seemed to be working as long as we got some supplemental water from the sky. Now with no rain, the bad designs are showing themselves again, in a big way. It seems that we need a full one cycle to sort of flood, and pick up the dry areas. It's wasteful I know, but I would say a full 80% of the systems we maintain are in that sad condition. Keeping legal with the restrictions we are adding a second program with a pm start on the water days. So we have am starts doing cycle soak and then a single start with full time that night. Still too early to tell if this will work or not, our annual color beds are burning up, but maybe we can save the turf and beds.