too late for pre emergent?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by soonernation, Jan 13, 2004.

1. soonernation

soonernation LawnSite Member
    from Okc OK

My mom has a huge sticker problem. Is it to late to apply pre emergent and if so, what else can I do to help her get rid of them.

2. soonernation

from Okc OK

OK, do I have to have a license to ask this question or do I just smell bad? Surely someone can help a guy out. Please!

3. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Hate to say it, but probably the latter. :p

4. soonernation

from Okc OK

scraper- thank you for your honesty... at least I know that there'ss someone out there that is both tactfull and humorous.

5. Mac V2.0

Mac V2.0 LawnSite Member
    from Mid OH

if has started germinating already, then yes it most likelly too late, but if not then it probably isnt too late. Find out when it typically germinates, and get your pre m down before that time :) please note this info is for annual weeds, perennials will need to be treated with a post emergent...and BTW, this advice is all without knowing what weed you are talking about.

i didnt notice any stench.

6. ZEKE

ZEKE LawnSite Member

If they are blackberries, try Crossbow. (post-emergent)

7. Josey Wales

Josey Wales LawnSite Member

It's not too late. In fact now is about prime time for pre emergent in Oklahoma, I assume a bermudagrass lawn. I'd try Surflan and just make sure you cut the grass one or twice a week and your sticker problem should go away. :)