Too late to Advertise for Aeration??

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Amazing Earth Landscapes, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Amazing Earth Landscapes

Amazing Earth Landscapes LawnSite Member

I ordered a good bit of fliers for EDDM dispersal, targeting Aeration and Fall Clean Ups. Am I better off saving the money and advertising in the spring or do you think this advertising blast could still be cost affective?

2. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Little late for good results
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

It would depend on the correct cultural practices for your particular grass and climate... up here I could aerate for another month , but only for the lawns that need it(not for seeding)...

My schedule continues to include cleanup, every 10-14 days until the ground freezes so that leaves don't kill grass...

Active overseeding is done now, I hoping that germination increases for what is already down and we continue getting adequate rain... but my last step for the season is to Dormant seed areas that require touchups...

I have reasons for the timing of what I do in my climate, and you should have reasons for what you are able to do/not do in your climate... Why is it late(for aeration) in Virginia? and what type of grass is it late for?? :)