Too Late?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TLSP, May 9, 2003.

1. TLSP

TLSP LawnSite Member

Hello everyone

I have been doing this biz (mow trim edge some mulch jobs) part time for a while. This year is the same except I am getting laid off in July (mid to end). I am trying to go into this fulltime but while I am working 58 hrs per week Mon thru Sat 7-5:30pm. I am finding I can only service the accounts I have now which is four a day five days a week with an average 15,000sq ft. Saturdays I am trying to use a my mulch job day or maybe a small commercial job. With the rain we have had lately it has just added to make up days and tall grass!!

What my question is will it be too late by July to add more customers.? I will advertsie again in mid to late June to get ready for July. Our season here last a little longer than normal so I am really looking forward to fall and winter cleanups and still be able to provide lawn maintenance.

Any help appreciated.:cool:

2. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe/ Maybe not

It all depends on how you can " Catch" the customer. If they already have a service then it might not be possible but, if they are not happy with their current survice you might be getting some.

You can at least get ur foot in the door by doing a clean up or a 1 time service then they might call for future services.

Good luck:)