Too many forums?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by drsogr, Oct 11, 2005.

1. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone else feel like there are too many forums? Its getting ridiculous.

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I just hit "NEW POSTS" anyway.

It only matters when you start a new thread.

Searches and NEW POSTS gives me what I want.

3. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

i posted a few times, then forgot where they where..:D

i guess there's alot of different areas to cover, so they are needed. but yes, there's too many to keep up with if try an follow them.

4. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

Multiple forums exist becuse of the number of people posting....when it was just commercial lawn care and commercial landscaping there weren't many members....but now, if it were still those forums questions about hardscaping, lighting, installation,etc... would all be in the same place and many posts and threads were lost in the shuffle. "Commercial Lawn Care" could be mowing, equipment, seeding, aeration, fertilization, weed control, pruning, etc... it just made sense. You can look at the most recent posts since your last visit and you subscribe to certain forums only as well.

5. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

I vote that we add a Politics forum that is Isolated from the new post list.
    I am so sick and tired of the political crap on here and certian people plug it into any forum conversation they think they want to. personally i would like to see the same rules as the Ford Truck Enthusiasts forum has. no politics, no sexual, no racial & no religious comments. their is a lot less bickering and the topics remain on topic.
    Please Sean, do something about this. its getting really old.

6. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

7. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

Politics comes up in a lot of threads, not just off topic, I also like using the new post button and I like responding to off topic threads, Political ones i try to steer clear, It just seems like its every other thread or you start reading something like the one Jodi had about nepotism, that thread made it all the way to the 7th post before it went totally off what the first post was about.
    it happens all the time and its getting really old.

8. Varsity L&G

Varsity L&G LawnSite Senior Member

I move the off topic post and split it to a post of it's own somewhere else.

I see what others are talking about. The tread is about ford trucks and then on page two they start talking about the white sox or something. Try to find out what the original fix to the post was and nothing after that just more white sox banter