Too many head for a zone?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by iTom, Apr 25, 2013.

1. bx24

bx24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA/TX

I backflow is alot, shutoffs are small but add up, linear feet add up. I think you need to read up on this. Not to hard at all but you need to know WHAT to use as a process. Been there done that.

2. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Probably ..... and what is a low velocity head?

I don't think you are understanding what some here have said. There is more to it than just pressure.

3. iTom

iTom LawnSite Member

I mean a spray head only spraying at 180 degrees with a short radius (About 4 feet)

How do you suggest that I should check to see if there is enough "service" through the line to power the additional heads?

4. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Without a flow meter? Determine your maximum supply flow at the minimum required dynamic pressure. Then measure your nozzle pressures and use the charts to determine a rough current zone flow rate. Then use more charts with a known pipe size and the above data to determine what you can do or not do.

5. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

OP please forgive me, but while im thinking about it,
    has anyone tried the mprotator side strips? curious of any opinions of them?

6. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

Like them ....
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

Swap out the original nozzles with precision side strips and put them in the new heads. This would be your best bet.

8. txirrigation

txirrigation LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Post this info:

Water meter size, mainline size, supply line size, length of mainline to proposed extension, static pressure, Backflow type and size.

I don't like add-a-zone, but in this case you might think about it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. bx24

bx24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA/TX

all are easy. I had to run under my 16ft concrete driveway. Again water is your friend! Just go slow.

I like pulling the 1" or 1.250" poly pipe, as long as one guy is holding the role, 8 mph! I did my yard with over 2,000 feet of pipe in 2 hours.