Too many hours for a used mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SomervilleLawncare, May 20, 2008.

1. SomervilleLawncare

SomervilleLawncare LawnSite Member

I'm looking at a 2002 Exmark Turf Tracer 60" hydro walk behind with mulching kit and jungle wheels. This machine looks like brand new and runs great. The guy wants $1700 for the mower but it has 2400 hours. Would I be crazy to get into somthing with that many hours?

Thanks

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

oh yeah!! alot of maoney for tht many hours!

3. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Considering you can spend about another $800 - $1300 for one with considerably less hours (under 1000).. I'd pass. Sounds like he took care of it though.

4. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

$1700 is a steal for that mower .See if hill take $1500 ..If it last you 1-2 good seasons it owes you nothing ! If its as nice as you say i'd get it..Check it over real good thou.

5. jkilov

jkilov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MS

6 years old and 2400 hrs, it was used commercially and there must be a good reason why he wants to get rid of it. Check everything: pumps, motors, engine.... let him rent it to you for a while.

I would'nt sell a mower if it were in top shape, one can pull 3500 hrs out of most of them.

6. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Thats an average of about 480 hours per year. I assume the MI mowing season is about 25 weeks long or so...?

19.2 hours a week just for mowing. Around 4 hours a day...

If he used it for cleanups then its average per day is even less.

Does not sound like a lot to me.

I would take it a dealer and have them do the once over on the mower and see what they say but it sounds like a solid mower to me.