Too Many Magazines

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Nov 30, 2004.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

It seems just when I finish one industry related magazine I have two more waiting for me. Like right now when I type this, I just finished reading Snow Business, yet I have two right in front of me. It's nice to get these magazines, but sometimes overwhelming.

Anybody else ever fell this?

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Well not having that problem here, instead it's the phone calls!!! my gosh, I mean I am downright rude, and this one magazine will not quit calling me!!! Over and over and over again. I tell them, "look, just cancel the darn subscription, I'm sick of these calls." So they don't send the magazine anymore, but they still continue to call!!! What's up with that? Anyone else bothered by an overbundance of phone calls from a magazine?

3. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

It seems like the magazines come so fast that I dont have time to read them all. But it is nice during the winter when I have a little free time to catch up on some reading.

4. David527

David527 LawnSite Member

Anyone know where I can even find a magazine of the green industry? THANK YOU!

5. tiedeman

from earth

nope, just phone companys. Or places that claim I have won a vacation. :realmad:

6. lafrance4078

lafrance4078 LawnSite Member

call 1-800-422-7147 for TURF magazine. I read it every month.

7. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

where would i find snow business? looking for magazines in that industry. Thanks

8. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

JOdi..we also have never gotten a single call ...guess they think you want to spend all your money!!..hah .Mine also dont get read until they have dust on them and my favorite one is Lawn and Landscape.(often allot of good info on the business of business as opposed to chemicals, turf ,equip etc. I forget if its Turf or PRO, but one of them is nothing but page after page of advertisements so I'm going to turn that one off the next time I get it.

9. tiedeman

from earth

Have to agree with everything you said. My fav is L & L, and I had both Turf and Pro for the ads. If I remember correctly it's mostly Turf that does the ads

10. arborist-28

arborist-28 LawnSite Member

Can't ever have enough information I think...