Too many motors

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by larryinalabama, May 16, 2008.

1. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Ive been gathering my equiptment this inorder to start my business, Im looking at all my stuff and thinking how in the world am I going to maintain all these engines.
    I looked at BCS 2 wheel tractors, but tthere attachments are targeting the AG industries.

So my question is why doesnt someone make a machine that has multible uses. Im looking at a power rake and broom, but that means 2 more engines, and my gargue is already full??????? I know the Dingo has many attachments but no way I can afford one at this time.

2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

They dont all break at the same time! You will be fine. As you know, I use the Stihl Kombi which cuts down on engines to maintain, I have 2 mowers (40" and a 21") but also a power rake and a core aerator which are rarely used (Few times per year). So most of your maintenance will be coming from your daily use equipment like mowers and trimmers.

BCS...that sucker is a beast. They have one at my dealer and I would love to have one.

3. fourbybud

fourbybud LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

4. larryinalabama

Thanks for the reply CGA, I hope your doing well. I have the TRoy-Built "kombi" interchangeable stuff. Cheap I know but its a backup and I seldom use the attachments, but they are handy. I have 2 rotors for my Brown bed edger, edging rotor and 7" trench rotor, I plan on buying a stump grinding rotor and a rotor that scrapes the ground for retaing block walls. I still need a rotortiller, thats why I was looking into BCS, if they had a power rake attachment I would seriously consider that purchase.
    I bought about 1/2 of my equiptment used, alot from Powertraade as you know, so no tellingwhat will break and when.

5. larryinalabama

Just clicket on and looking, I already have a 40hp tractor with alot of 3pt attachments, but Im trying to run my business out of a box truck.

Good looking machine, how muck do they weigh?
    How would they compare to the Toro Ding0?

6. fourbybud

from Ohio

I belive the 430s weigh 1100lbs for air cooled and 1300lbs for water cooled.
    Plus the weight of the attachments.

7. larryinalabama

Thanks, theres a couple of them on EBAY for around 5000$, is that a good price?

8. fourbybud

from Ohio

From what I have seen the ones on Ebay seem to go way high. But I guess that is good if you are selling not buying. Go to the website again and do a dealer search. Im not sure where the nearest dealer would be but I bet you will have better luck there.