1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Too many people on here

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grits, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

It is a little after 10am central time and there is over 300 people just on the commercial forum.
    Shouldn't ya'll be out making money?
    Oh wait! I'm on here too! :hammerhead: I better go make some money.
    Hard to get going on Monday isn't it?
    My wife and kids are off for the summer (wife is a teacher). It makes it even harder to get going. Just want to hang with the family. Oh well, what's that saying...I owe, I owe, so off to something, something, something. Later.
  2. Nathan Robinson

Nathan Robinson LawnSite Senior Member
    from 47712

I am taking the day off. I worked the weekend for this day so I could be home alone and just be chill for a little bit!
  3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

most of the east coast is getting rain too. This is my third day off since March 27th
  4. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I just got up, work the nights shift some nights.
  5. Audrey

Audrey LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

It's raining, so today is office work day!
    Maybe some shop work later on though...

6. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

We can't get enough of you Audrey, where you been?
  7. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

Yes i should not be on here i should be mowing lawns, hang on its 11.45 pm, its a bit to dark i think :rolleyes: *aussieflag*
  8. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

It's 10:30 am here and I just got up but I worked the weekend cutting lawns due to rain delay. Now I have to clean windows for the next few days, people from the weekend that I had to cancel to mow the damn overgrown lawns.
  9. Audrey

Audrey LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

Heya Tacoma! :)

Lots of irons in the fire!

Doing a lot of work on a farm property lately. Poison ivy EVERYWHERE! :cry: And ticks! Holy cow!

I squeezed in a couple hours of mowing yesterday. I flew back to the shop about 2 in the afternoon and unloaded in the rain. Bleh...

Did a couple of oil changes and some other shop stuff.

Today's an easy, but pain in the butt day. Officework! :dizzy:

I have a Tormek sharpener. It's a wet wheel and it does a great job on anything like wood chisels, scissors, and knives. After I get done with the office stuff, and goofing off here, I need to get out and get rid of the "to sharpen" pile.

How's things on your end? Is it dry there as well? This little bit of rain will help us here.

10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I'd venture to say a lot of lawn services take off Sunday and Monday instead of Saturday & Sunday.

I've even known some to work Saturday and Sunday, and take Monday and Tuesday off.

Myself... I just saw the first rainfall in 7 weeks yesterday. (3/4")

So it will take a bit for things to wake up.
    That's fine with me, because I'm sick anyways.