Too much doom and gloom in this section of the forum

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Rons Rightway Lawncare, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Rons Rightway Lawncare

Rons Rightway Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I do have to admit, the " low ballers suck " or " I can't afford gas no more" threads are the ones that usually catch my eye, but reading some of this stuff makes me think I am stupid to stay in this industry.... and makes me want to not spend too much time on Lawnsite.

I have the same problems as most guys. PITA customers, breakdowns, lowballers trying to take my accounts away, cost of fuel, aches and pains and sunburns, etc....

But I will have to say this. For the most part I enjoy what I do, and I feel like I make a decent living doing what I do. I am a high school drop out and I would never be able to work uptown in a skyscraper with all the suits and ties.... I take pride in that I am making more money than alot of those guys and in a way I have fun doing it.

Alot of guys probably won't mention it, but when I go on vacation, or over the winter break, I look forward to getting on my mower and cutting some gas. I love the way a lawn looks when I am done, makes me feel proud of what I accomplished. I caught a pair of bunny rabbits the other day and took them home for my 5 year old son to see... caught a 4 foot black snake the other day and after messing with him for a few minutes I put him off in the woods to go about his business, for me that stuff is fun.

Occasionally I get " Burned out " with what I do, but just a good 3 day weekend off, or a short vacation and I am back in the game. I just have a hard time reading this site from time to time, it just seems like such a drag when you read some of these threads.
  2. Toad

Toad LawnSite Senior Member

You know what they say,(misery likes company). I'm with ya on that. When I start to get down I think of my winter job, snaps me right out of it.

We obviously love what we do, thats why were on this site at all hrs talking about it. True. LOL
  3. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

I agree with everything you have said.
  4. F3Nelson

F3Nelson LawnSite Member

Preach on, and for the nay sayers..........Please be quiet!

I could have said STFU!
  5. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

Most people are just struggling and need advice, and a place to vent. That is lawnsite. I know its hard not to read those post but its just a fact. I also love my job and have felt the pain of todays economy.

I am having a great year so far I lost some I picked more up. Lets not ignore the warning of kratrina. A storm is coming and we need to prepare for it some will be effected and some will be devasted.
  6. Indy Kyle

Indy Kyle LawnSite Member

Yep, too many Debby downers on this site. Negative attitude, negative outcome.
  7. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Nobody is twisting anybodies arm and making them read all the threads. Try using some self control and bypass threads that bother you. Or call Dr Phil and see why you can't do that:laugh::rolleyes:
  8. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

like the positive approach myself
  9. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

THIS SUCKS!!!!

10. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

lwnmwrman 22 - I agree. My yard is covered in snow! No work since thursday, friday and nothing today. People calling telling there getting someone else to do spring clean ups since I am behind. What do ya do? Be nice, pay for the gas and listen to crabby people. So yes, this sucks!

On the positive side it is a weekend!