Too Much fertilizer

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by babs, Jun 8, 2007.

1. babs

babs LawnSite Member
    from 02703

The other day I took my spreader out & spread Scotts Lawn/Weed Fertilizer on my yard. The grass was wet,(it had been raining), & it was misting Slightly. I ended up towards the end, taking handfulls of the product, & spread w/ my HAND.........Now, I have Large Burnt spots............Can anyone please offer any advice on what to do?........

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

With bare hands--that is a no no. Scotts makes some great grass seed, Scotts "Pure Premium". Use the sun or shade version. This time follow the directions.

3. mkroher

mkroher LawnSite Senior Member

W.....T.....F

he can't be serious

4. ampeg76

ampeg76 LawnSite Senior Member

i call it the "feeding chickens" method, lol

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

That's not even a serious post. Read it closely. There is too much bait.

6. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

That thought crossed my mind. Its been posted elsewhere as well.

Can't believe anyone would be that *silly*

It doesn't even warrant a response.

7. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

this is a joke, right. Why did you spread by hand if i might ask?

8. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I've seen idiots do this before. Watched one moron put all 4 steps from Scotts down AT THE SAME TIME. Never underestimate just how stupid your average homeowner can be...

9. Harley-D

Harley-D LawnSite Senior Member

Did it burn spots on your hands or spots on your lawn?
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I was in a lesco one time waiting to be helped behind this really nicely dressed guy. He was asking the dumbest question i've ever heard. What's lime? What's irrigation? What do the numbers mean? I only need 2 bags?, i'll take 4 thanks.

After he left, i asked, who was that moron? That's the director of affairs for donald rumsfeld at the pentagon. What?! :hammerhead: :dizzy:

The lesco guys told me they get lawyers, accountants, doctors, bio-chemists, that can't grasp the concepts of lawn care. :dizzy:

Scary, scary, scary.
    The DEP needs to control homeowners, not LCO's. I can guarentee that i'm not putting down any extra fert or control products. I can't afford to.
    :drinkup:

10. babs

babs LawnSite Member
    from 02703

I'm Glad You All Found This Amusing, Seems As Though I've Put A Smile On Everyones Face.i Came To This Sight For Advice, Not To Be Mocked. I Thought That Was What It Was For. And For Your Information....no, I Didn't Burn Holes In My Hands. Thanks For Nothing..............glad To See Everyone On This Thread Is Perfect.