1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Too much rain to grade backyard

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by cross1933, Aug 24, 2007.

1. cross1933

cross1933 LawnSite Member

On Aug.11 I sprayed the backyard with Rundup, on Aug 18 I sprayed the areas that I missed. Since Aug.18th(Saturday) it has rained every day except one. These rains have been large down pours each time, I estimate we had over 6" of rain this week. I do know that this months rainfall is one of the largest in history. There is several areas of flooding, I live about 45 minutes southwest of Chicago. The weather report calls for more thunderstorms this afternoon.:nono:
    I had hoped to get some black dirt today to start the grading process, this will be delayed until the beginning of next week at the earliest.

2. ericlemson

ericlemson LawnSite Member

:cry:

:hammerhead:

3. cross1933

We had 5 inches from two storms one evening. The rivers are still over the banks here. The next predicted rain is Wednesday!:cry:

I was able to get into the yard yesterday and roto till and move some dirt around. I hope to get my first load of dirt today.

4. cross1933

The first load of dirt is to be delivered today!:)