1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Too much rain??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dwost, Aug 28, 2007.

1. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

Like the title says, I think my yard is suffering from too much rain. We got nailed last week and ever since the grass looks like crap. I went from a nice lush green to a light lime green with some dead material closer to the roots. It doesn't look like thatch but this is the first time this has ever happened. I fertilized about 3 weeks ago so I don't think it's a fert issue. I also noticed the grass blades seem to be real pliable and limp if that helps. Should I hit it with liquid Iron to try and bring it back or just wait it out? Help me out, I want my green back!! :)
  2. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

i wish i knew what too much rain was... hell, i'd settle for ANY rain right now.
  3. grassman2001

grassman2001 LawnSite Member

I'm in southwest ohio and we are in drought. we are 10 inches below normal for the year. Only a half inch of rain the entire month of August. We have gone the whole month without cutting some yards. WIsh we could get some of that rain you guys up north are getting
  4. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

We WERE in a drought but after last week we had over 5" fall within hours. Not only did my grass suffer, but my finished basement held 4" of that rain as well :cry: :cry: Oh well, things are drying out, rebuild has begun and hopefully my grass will continue to rebound. I've reduced my cut height down from 3.5 to about 2.75 to try and pull out some of the brown stuff and let some light down into the root base. We'll see what happens.