Too much too fast in mid-Atlantic

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turfdude, Mar 23, 2003.

1. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys - whats shakin??
    I know many started back on Monday the 17th this year. It was 3-4 weeks later for most of us, and many never finished clean-ups and such in the fall. Anyway, now that the white stuff has melted and spring is finally here, I am (as most of you all) very overwhelmed w/ work. WE have barely begun clen-ups and are already getting calls to see when we'll be available to mulch. I'm trying to hold off mulching for at least a week or possibly 2. My lawn on Monday was fairly dormant, but has greened up too nicely already. We're still applying lime and will be going right into the Crabgrass pre-emergent round by next week. I will probably stop adding new accounts after this week as I already have more work than I can handle. I guess its a good problem to have. Anyway, keep a positive outlook, remember to set aside time for your family and don't worry so much about being behind - We're all in the same boat!

2. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm in the same boat as you. Just that time of year. We'll all get through it like we do every year!! I have about 6 weeks of misc... work to do and mowing season is just around the corner. Good luck to all!!

3. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

Same here in New England. It is going to get busy all at once this year.