Too much work?? need help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SJR Lawncare, Mar 16, 2002.

1. SJR Lawncare

SJR Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Do any of you guys have too much work. I think I do. I am already booked up on clean-ups & mulching till June. Not to mention mowing. When I sent out contracts, I did not expect to get so many back. I have 2 more weeks before mowing starts & about 30 mulch, clean-up, etc. jobs. Not to mention referalls, & calls coming in every day for estimates on more work that I dont want to turn down. I need help...... I thought I'd try here before hiring someone without experience. Anyone in the area that needs work, maybe you can work with me or I can sub some out. I am in the Arnold, Annapolis Md. area. Please E-mail if interested.

Steve

steve92272@aol.com

2. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

Good Graces... I can not wait until I have to post a thread like this.. wish I was closer.

3. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

Was thinking that very same thing.

4. kerr lawn

kerr lawn LawnSite Member

sjr lawncare
    i'm down here in brookeville, gaithersburg, olney, rockville area
    i meant be able to help you
    what do u got?

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Somebody once told me, Problems of volume can be solved...it's when you have no volume, you have a problem!

Relax, you'll get it done...

6. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

You have to learn to say "no". Pick the properties you like best, and let the others know your booked up for the rest of the year.

Or...hire some help.

7. KDJ

KDJ LawnSite Senior Member

Thin them out a little, raise your price 5.00 to 10.00

8. My thoughts exactly, control the volume with price.

9. SJR Lawncare

SJR Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks guys for the advice. I send out contracts in Feb. with prices of all of my services & the customer can go down the list & choose what they want done. Its too late to raise prices & pick & choose customers because I have a contract with them & they are expecting me to honor my word, which I will do. I just need to get some help.

Kerr, I have spring lawn & bed clean-up jobs, Mulch jobs, aerate & seed jobs, tree removal jobs, transplant jobs....you name it I've got it. If you are interested E-mail me.
    Thanks

Steve

10. I know it's not the best solution but day labor can ease the overload while you are looking for a sub or employee. I've used them on occasion with fair results, + all taxes and comp. etc are taken care of. I think that my cost is $15-16, a 4 hour min. I've gotten some good workers and some ok workers but never a real problem.