Too nice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Toy2, May 26, 2005.

1. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

Do nice guys finish last???......I was mowing today, homeowner goes to the mailbox and picks up his mail, I stop and talk to him for a second, as he picks though his stuff, he hands me a flier from another LCO.....instead of tossing it, I read it......fast-foward...as I head to my second job, I look at the flier again, and I call this guy, I warn him about the Postmaster and the rules about fliers... he didn't know the rules.....seemed like a nice guy.....was I wrong to warn this guy? i would hope that someone would warn me about something I was doing......Would you have done the same??

2. Mountain Peak

Mountain Peak LawnSite Member

I don't think you did wrong. What goes around, comes around. You may not get the return you think you will, but good things will happen from doing good things....

3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I would tell him. I saw this guy in town that is alot more profesional than I was, I figured that he wouldnt speak to me or figure I was after his work. Well we met and taLKed and now we are good friends and respect each others accounts and if he needed me if he got sick I would be there and I think he would do the same for me. So yes I would tell him, ya never know when you may need the favor returned

4. Todd's lawncare

Todd's lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from P.A

Yea i would have!!! Why do you not you but you in general wanna make enemies for your self and if your out mowing it looks like you got work don't worry about other people make friends not enemies . You will get alot further in life that way .

5. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I have heard of some guys that got in trouble for putting their flyers in mailboxes. They paid a BIG fine and didn't get to cut that season.

6. Todd's lawncare

Todd's lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from P.A

Thats why he was kind enough to let him know .

7. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

the bible says do unto other and you would wont done onto you

8. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

I'd do the same thing, let him know. you never know if you might be making a friend there. I'd rather have many friends than enemies.

9. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks folks, I was always taught black and white, good and bad......nowadays things seem gray to a lot of people.....I even went as far as telling him about LawnSite.....he seemed pretty interested in what I was telling him....I guess we aren't all bad!! :D

10. Texas Mower Parts

Texas Mower Parts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I haven't seen you in the store lately. I guess you fiqured out how to spool a echo style head. :rolleyes:
    :)