Too tight------------ will it loosen up?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Dawg, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I had to go to the Kubota house today to buy some liquid gold { super UDT oil} so why I was there I priced some of the 300 series mowers. The price was not bad and he was telling me about the 0% for 42. He told me to go outside and get a 326-60 and drive across the street and cut some on the vacant lot. This thing walked through the tall weeds and the cut was alot better than I expected. The only thing I did not like was the steering levers were so stiff it was like doing some light reps on the benchpress. Will these loosen up over time? I am used to running my Walker, Grasshoppers and a little Hustler. All of those I can run with one hand when I feel like it.

2. Turf Dawg

one more time

3. Toad

Toad LawnSite Senior Member

To answer your question, yes they will. Mine has 240 hrs now and the controlls feel smooth an easy to operate. It didnt take long at all to break in. I find my smaller z to have stiffer controlls than the Kubota. Do you run Kubota now?

4. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

yes they get loose with time but thats when you need to go lookin for a new one.

5. 04TurfT

04TurfT LawnSite Senior Member

thats what i asked my wife last night

6. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

ohh bullcrap, you mean you asked why it was all ready so loose!!:laugh::laugh:

7. Paulup

Paulup LawnSite Senior Member

Mine were stiff at the dealer, and I asked if they would loosen up. The dealer replied, "one sec." That is when he grabbed a can of WD-40 and sprayed it where the levers go into the panels, and it was 100x easier to operate from then on.

8. Turf Dawg

No I do not run a Kubota at this time. I am looking and demoing different mowers to add-to or replace my hoppers this year or next.

9. 04TurfT

04TurfT LawnSite Senior Member

hahahhahahahahhhahahaahahhhaha