too wet to work!!!

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by lawn dogg, Feb 17, 2008.

1. lawn dogg

lawn dogg LawnSite Member

We do the grading, seeding and landscaping for a builder the problem is when we get alot of rain,like we've had everything turns to pig slop and if they have a final coming up they need to have the lawn finished just wondering what everyone else does in this situation. I have Harley rake,kubota loader etc all the equip to do the job just cant figure out how to handle the mud. any help would be appreciated.

2. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I hear you, around here its so wet that some of the plants are falling over because the ground is to wet to even walk on let alone use equipment.

3. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

.............wait.............

4. lawn dogg

most times they dont have their part done until the last minute then we have to get it done before final inspection, not a problem jumping through hoops if its dry. you know how it works were the last guys on the job got to get it done now. to them the word wait doesnt exist.:dizzy:

5. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

You have to wait until the ground is reasonably stable. unless quality is no issue..

6. lawn dogg

you know how it goes need it done now with a high quality job, im just looking for some ways to work through it. I guess i should leave it to the powers above and hope mother nature helps.

7. dfklawn

dfklawn LawnSite Member

i have the same prob with one of my builders.,,. i ask when he needs the lawn done and get no reply till day before or day of,.,. i get in there and get as close as i can if i have a miute and in the area during const.. i do the roughm grade as soon as the wallsare sealed, then after the concrete is i go back and get it real clos, that way there is minor touch ups that need to be done.,,.