Took a tour of the Walker plant

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowerman111, Jul 13, 2006.

1. mowerman111

mowerman111 LawnSite Senior Member

The family and I were on vacation in Colorado this past week, and we drove up to Ft. Collins and took a tour of the Walker Manufacturing Co. Bob Walker himself took us on the tour. It was absolutely amazing. They have 200 hundred thousand sq. feet of space there. and they make almost all of the parts there themselves except engines of course and the hoppers and transmissions, but all of the frames ,decks, bearing housings they machine themselves. It was the best part of the vacation. and Bob Walker is one of the nicest guys you could ever want to meet. He also said he was going to suggest to his editor of the magazine Walker Talk to do a story on my company. What a honor that will be. So we'll see.

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

that is AWSOME! did you get any pics?

3. corey1977

corey1977 LawnSite Senior Member
    from maine

I cant wait to see your story in walker talk magzine im from maine so new englanders have to stick togeather*newusflag*

4. mowerman111

mowerman111 LawnSite Senior Member

Oh I could have kicked myself, We were staying in Denver with the in-laws and we left their house in a rush and we were half way there when we realized that we had forgot the camera. :hammerhead: