Took me all day, but...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by barringtonbrothers, Jun 5, 2004.

1. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

My trailer is a 98 and had the original floor boards still in. Even though they where treated, they rotted due to weather, sun, and constant exposure to decaying grass and dirt. I have an 18x8 foot trailer with duel axels and electric brakes. The floor was divided into two sections a 10ft section and an 8ft section. They welded the boards in so we had to make non structural cuts to put the new ones in. The old boards where 8x2 and we put in 12x2s and it worked out just right so we had to make no board thinner to fit. Man was it a ***** getting the new boards in. The welds made tight places and we had to take a sledge hammer and 2x4 and pound them across the width of the trailer. And oh yeah the sledge hammer handle was broke so we had to drill out the old one and put on a new one - 1/2 hour. The lumber ran me around $215.00. Im going to stain the new wood even though it’s treated to help it last longer. I also designed and built my own trimmer/ edger rack. I took angle iron and bolted it to the railing of my trailer, then took U hooks and cut one end down with my hand grinder, coated them in 3m rubber electrical tape and bolted them to the angle iron. I then coated the whole thing in rustolium hammered - look flat black. I two spots for weed eaters right now, and I am going to add a third as soon as I have time. Then I’m going to build blower rack on the inside of the rack. I also took my Billy goat truck loader off the trailer and I put it on a heavy duty garden cart so I can load and unload it off the trailer and keep it inside my garage to keep it from rusting and rotting in the weather, and it will give me more room for mowers on the trailer. I have to give a lot of credit to my best friend. He helped me take my ideas for my trailer and make them a reality. I knew how I was going to do it, but he helped me problem solve the problems I ran into. I will post pictures as soon as I have a chance.

2. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Got any pics?............

3. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds good. I am proud of you that you had the will power to put it in for a whole day. I changed my tranny fluid last weekend and without a lift it was hell. The next time it will be easier. We learn by trial and error.

4. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

Amen to that. I always wonder what the next problem is and how Im going to over come it.