Took part one of my test today....

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by KathysLGC, Mar 1, 2005.

1. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

It was harder than I thought it was going to be. I did most of my studying on the core manual and that didn't seem to bad but I think I slacked off in the other subjects. We'll see in a few weeks when my scores come in. If I passed it's on to the verbal next month or if I failed it's back to the books and another $100 so i can retest next month....

I'll post whether I passed or failed when I find out. Funny thing is, it wasn't hard at all if you study everything your supposed to....

The core section was mostly common sense. The math was tricky. The instructor said the state might be redoing the math section soon. The main part was figuring out what formula to use. The slides wheren't too bad. We had 10 slides plus two bonus slides. The classes really helped out a lot.

2. Garth

Garth LawnSite Senior Member

Best of luck to you. You are right about it being mostly common sense.-Garth

3. KathysLGC

Thanks!....

4. lampeslawnservice

lampeslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Wow a verbal test. In Iowa we just have the core manual test of 50 questions, which they grade right away and if you pass you can take the next test right away which is Ornamental, and turf test. It's only 35 questions long and it too is graded right away. The testing is $10 a day no matter how many test you take. The license itself is $100 altogether. Anway hope you pass!

5. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

Wow easy huh? FL 200 questions four hour test, $250 for the test and another $250 or so for license. Just for the L&O then same for GHP. Three books plus the laws. Plus 3 years working with pest control company.

Take mine on the 14th.

6. KathysLGC

Damw Iowa has it easy! Ours was a four hour test about 200 question. The Verbal is 15 minutes long. If you pass it's $250 for a 5 year license.

7. Garth

Garth LawnSite Senior Member

Here in CA the test consist of 140 questions on Laws and regs, 100 questions on Landscape( cat B) and then you have 14 other catagories to chose from, usually 100 questions each. The Advisor's License is extremely difficult and requires a BA or better to even apply. You then need to complete 20 hours of additional education classes (40 hrs for advisors) every year and pay $160 for a two year license. To take the test is $180. For mine, I had to drive over 350 miles for the closest location or wait another five months.-Garth

8. lampeslawnservice

lampeslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

do you guys have to retake test or can you requalify by attending classes. In Iowa you can either retake test every three years or attend a four hour class every year. Maybe this is why we have a meth problem in the state

9. KathysLGC

Your can requalify be having 12 credits. One hour class time = 1 credit or you can retest. It's every 5 years so 12 hours in 5 years isn't that bad but i wonder if it's easier to just retest, I mean working with pesticides for 5 years should give me enough experience to pass..... It would probly be cheaper then doing 12 credits in 5 years......

10. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Robin

You forgot to add that only 50% or less pass the Florida test. Most of those taking the test are doing so for the third and forth time. Most all the question have more than one correct answer. But which one is the right answer??

L&O test is easier than the GHP or at least is was for me. I got a much higher score on the L&O. You have been in the business long enough and with enough experience at the supervisory level to do well on the test, so I won't wish you luck on the 14th. It is not about Luck, It is about knowing your stuff. You will do fine.