1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Took the Ferris Plunge!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Blessed 1, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

Being a Devoted Exmark Man I am proud to announce that I have been had! My Ferris dealer wanted to put one on my trailer real bad. He gave me a 52" to demo for the weekend. I liked the ride. They are the BEST and most comfortable ride in the game so far. I love this machine. The 25 Kawasaki is a nice back up to a 31 Big Block Vandguard and a 35 Big Block Vanguard. $7200 made me tell him put it on the trailer now. P.S. I sold the 04 Lazer 27 Kohler with bagging system for $6500 so $700 difference made it a No Brainer:hammerhead:
  2. ojpent

ojpent LawnSite Member

Congrats on the new purchase of the ferris I bought the 48" model and love it!!! The fast vac unit that ferris has for it great and easy attach with the fast pins that it has...:clapping:
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Congrats on your new investment
  4. tnpete

tnpete LawnSite Member
    from West Tn

I have the same unit. But with the 26Hp liquid cooled motor. Man its nice.
    Enjoy and watch that smile. Bugs don't taste that good.
  5. sclk0907

sclk0907 LawnSite Member

Has anyone ever used the Ferris with a diesel?
  6. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

I ordered the striping kit today..............$79.............My Exmark kit was 399.00 I really starting to like the Ferris now. One thing that I knoticed though is it cuts high. My 07 XS cuts that way as well. I have been having to cut on the lowest hole. This SW Ga grass needs some H2O really bad.
  7. NELawnCare

NELawnCare LawnSite Member

Welcome fellow Ferris fan.
  8. NELawnCare

NELawnCare LawnSite Member

Please let me know how you like the strip kit. I was going to buy it, but held back. I'd like to get your take on it.
  9. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

what did u end up paying
  10. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

7200 bones i believe it says