Took the plunge

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Dennis, May 11, 2001.

1. Dennis

Dennis LawnSite Member
    from Ga.

OK I finally got the nerve to quit my FT job of 20 years. Today was my last day,Scared??? Dang sure am. but I was tired of being stressed every day!!
    Wife is ok with it, EX, is ok with it, we got about 4" of rain today,all good signs?? Hope so.
    But just in case, CHUCK, can I sue L.S if I fail?? It's only cuz of this site that I quit.
    OK thats a joke.
    anyway I'm FT lawn man move over and make some room....Please.
  2. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Thumbs up to ya Dennis!

It takes a lot of nerves, faith, and just plain gonads to leave the security of a 20 year headache. I left after 16 so you got a few more in than I did.

What part of Ga. is you from?
  3. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

congrats dennis .... best of luck to you!!
  4. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome to the Lawn Care Mob Dennis :)
  5. Russ

Russ LawnSite Senior Member

I'm still scared ,--Ships in harbour are safe-But that is now what ships were made for. Welcome to the party, your going to enjoy this show.
  6. KD'sLawns

KD'sLawns LawnSite Member

Good luck to you Dennis. Hope that you don't think that all the stress will be gone. You just inherited a new type of stress. I think you will do fine and love it though.
  7. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Congrats Dennis,
    I quit my "real" job last year to go mowing full time. It was pretty scarry, but I love it. Next week I am hiring my first fulltime employee. This makes me about as nervous as quitting my job did. I hope this year is a good one for you.:D :D
  8. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats Dennis,

One question:

If you were tired of being stressed for the past 20 years, do you think running a landscaping business will be stress free? LOL

I thought it would be a simpler way of life--less technology, etc. I think I just naturally worry about things that others may not, but thats also what keeps me on top of things.

Good luck

9. Mike (MLC)

Mike (MLC) LawnSite Member

I quit my full time job last year in the summer. I was really nervous when I did it. Kept thinking to myself am I going to make enough money will I have enough clients?? It took me a few months to finally decide to do it. My business took right off. I have been doing great ever since.
  10. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

My brother just quit his FT job of about 8 years just a little over a month ago, I cant wait to do the same. Looks like I will be waiting until next season for me to go and looking forward to it. He is doing awesome!

HE too was scared but loves every minute of it.

Good Luck, things will work out no prob!