took the plunge

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by awm, Dec 1, 2000.

1. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

picked up Lazer z 52inch 20 hp kaw
    with 800 hrs .Looked it hard in the mouth
    and believe this is pretty good horse.
    Guy said oil has been havoline 12-30.
    Id like to go to mobil 1 syn.Is there
    any reason not to. also I got all paper work
    and maintenance schedual except operator
    manual.Can some one help me with that.
    Looked at most makes of ztr except Dixie
    The only one i found was behind a fence
    and place was closed. monday 1pm go figure.
    Mabe next time. Thanks TM ANY ADVICE IS MORE THAN WECOME

2. E-mail eXmark to request any manuals.

Add amsoil engine flush then refill with amsoil full syn.

3. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

There is nothing wrong with used equipment, if you looked it over and demoed it. Never heard of 12 weight oil before, I agree with Stone fluse it out and put some mobil 1 syn in that badboy. Good luck with your new investment.

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I don't see anything wrong with using synthetic oil except that Kawasaki says not to. The only reason the Kawasaki rep could give me for not using it was that Kohler and Briggs say not to use it and it costs more money per quart.

Didn't Eric once say that he has been using it for 2,000 hours and more in his Kohlers?

I think I'll send an email directly to Kawasaki and ask them the specifics why sythetics shouldn't be used.

5. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I e-mailed from exmark site,I think it was tech support or service dept., about synthetic oil in new lazer 23 kaw,and turf tracer with 600 hrs. on it and they told me it would be ok for the one with 600 hours on it and to wait untill lazer 23 kaw has 200 hrs. on it. I noticed the difference soon after putting synthetic in 17 kaw.,and now with more hours and oil changes there is a real difference. It actually has more rpms than it did before.
    Awm-mabey you can e-mail exmark they are quick with their response time on questions about problems and their products,also I believe you can request a manual from the site.The synthetic oil does cost more but I believe it is well worth it.

[Edited by mow money on 12-02-2000 at 03:57 PM]